Version 6 PLC Programming Software
DirectSOFT6 programs the entire DirectLOGIC family
PC-DSOFT6 is our DirectLOGIC PLC programming package, with a host of
features that make it easier to program your PLC. It supports
full-featured 32-bit Windows-based programming for all six DirectLOGIC
PLC families, including all DL05s, DL06s, DL105s, DL205 CPUs, DL305
CPUs, DL405 CPUs, and most of their Koyo cousins. The software supports
a wide array of on-line/off-line programming and documentation features.
Fill-in-the-blank-style IBox instructions make writing your program
faster and easier (certain DirectLOGIC CPUs required).
Please note: DirectSOFT6 PLC Programming Software is used with
the DirectLOGIC PLCs; it is NOT for use with the Do-more PLCs. The
Designer programming software is the proper programming software
for use with
the Do-more PLCs.
DirectSOFT Software for DirectLOGIC PLC programming
has never been easier! Along with several improved operational features,
we have taken the guesswork out of everyday programming with the new
- 40+ new IBoxes are available in DirectSOFT6 and are
compatible with DirectLOGIC DL05, DL06, D2-250-1, D2-260, and D4-450 CPUs that have supporting firmware
- Configurable toolbars
- Extremely fast status updates
- New Trend View feature for monitoring and debugging
- Graphic Ladder View
- Ladder box leg labels
- Graphic Stage View
The most notable feature in DirectSOFT6 is IBox instructions.
These fill-in-the-blank instructions are designed to make your
programming experience quicker and easier than ever. IBox instructions
are available in six categories.
- Discrete Helper
- Analog Helpers
- Counter I/O
DirectSOFT6 includes these features:
- IBoxes "fill-in-the-blank" instructions (for DL05, DL06, D2-250-1,
D2-260 and D4-450 only)
- Tabbed views to optimize your viewing
- Fully customizable Tool Bars - dock-able, lock-able and
- Dock-able windows allow you to relocate Data View and Cross
Reference views, auto-hide, or tear away and place them outside the
DirectSOFT6 workspace - even on a second display! - for full ladder
- User Interface Themes allow you to give
DirectSOFT6 the same look and feel as your favorite Windows
- "Tip of the Day" is a good way to learn new
features and short cuts.
- Export documentation for use in the new
Program editing features
- Full-screen point and click editing with the mouse and icons.
New - "Tip of the Day" gives you programming guidance, information
on short cuts and tips for taking advantage of new features.
Browsers help you find proper addresses, contacts, coils, and box
- Edit Tool Box contains icons and hot-key
equivalents for all elements.
- Fully-customizable and tear-off
toolbars, ToolTips, long filenames, common file browsers
information data with each project including creation and save
dates, links, PLC type, project description and version, and
- On-screen cross reference in a tabbed view that automatically
tracks program elements as you browse your ladder program.
On-screen Element Usage view in groups of 8, 10, or 16 points per
- Predefined aliases for common items such as timer and
counter current values.
- Access V-memory (Data Registers) with
fill-in-the-blank Memory Editor.
- Easily cut and paste program
elements, single rungs, or groups of rungs.
- Cut and Paste rungs
(with documentation) between programs,
- Search for program
elements by name, address, rung number, or instruction type.
- Search for constants.
- PID Setup is easy with fill-in-the-blank style for alarms, mode,
process variable, ramp/soak table values, setpoint, gain, etc.
- PID Loop tune and trending dialogs are standard.
- Import & export program mnemonics and rung comments to a single
TXT file that does not have to be in DirectSOFT format.
(nickname type, PLC address) to C-more in CSV format.
Spreadsheet-style documentation editor for easy access.
16-character nicknames for addresses make troubleshooting and
- 16-character wiring information allows you to
tie PLC addresses to panel wiring numbers.
- 6-line x 16-character
address description provides more detailed information about the
program element .
- Rung comments can be up to 20 lines of 69
- Cut, copy, and paste documentation between
Free-form program Title page can be selected at time of printing.
Import & Export feature for all program document.
- Print any available view, including ladders, charts, and
- Print multiple columns.
- Use zoom to enlarge or
reduce print size.
- Preview the printouts before you send them to
- Create custom printouts by selecting exact items to
include for each view.
- Print program documentation, including
nicknames, descriptions, rung comments, etc.
- Print program Cross
Reference or Element Usage Table.
Print PLC V-memory or Data Register contents.
Display and viewing features
- View program ladders.
- View program mnemonics.
- Stage view
available for programs created with RLL-Plus instructions.
Choose Rung Numbers or Addresses for Ladder View.
- View multiple
programs at the same time.
Tabbed views allow you to easily switch between views and optimizes
your viewing area.
- Use split screen to view different sections of
the same program
- Use Zoom to enlarge or reduce the screen area for better viewing.
Customizable desktop themes, display colors for editing, unsaved
changes, documentation, etc.
System setup features
- Set up PID loops with easy-to-use dialog boxes.
- Set PLC
communication parameters through PC ports, modems or Ethernet.
Setup D0-DCM menu is available for the DL05 and DL06 communications
- Change PLC mode of operation.
- Clear PLC memory by type
- Select or change retentive memory ranges.
- Read PLC I/O
Change I/O configuration (if allowed by the PLC).
- View PLC
- Configure DV-1000.
Online operation features
- Online help system with supported CPU instruction list
- DSLaunch as a central manager for all projects, links and
- Automatically build and store communication links
to the PLC, even using modems or Ethernet.
- Visible indication of
PLC communication link status.
- Status mode provides visible power
flow condition for program elements, current values for timers and
counters, and current values for V-memory or Data Register
locations. Even status for Drum steps, outputs, event and/or time
- Custom configure Data View windows to monitor various elements.
Display nicknames in Data View.
- Save and store Data View windows
Choose data format for Data View window display (BCD, Binary,
Decimal, Signed Decimal, etc.).
- Choose status symbol (switch,
text, etc.) for discrete points in Data View.
- Change PLC values
from Data View windows
- View multiple PLCs simultaneously (not available with OEM
- Expanded Ethernet support for
intranet/internet connectivity, allowing PLC monitoring and
programming to be executed from throughout the enterprise network.
Maintenance and debugging features
- Automatic error checking during program entry.
- Program syntax
- Monitor PLC scan time.
- Perform PLC I/O diagnostics.
View PLC errors and/or user error message.
- Automatic project backup of the 4 most recently saved changes to
Following are the recommended system requirements for running DirectSOFT6
on a PC:
- 1 GHz CPU
- CD/DVD drive OR an Internet connection for loading software
- Windows XP (Pro and Home, 32-bit) - this Operating System is no
longer supported by Microsoft, but it will most likely still work
Vista (Home, Basic and Premium, 32 or 64-bit) - this Operating System is
no longer supported by Microsoft, but it will most likely still work
Windows 7 (Home,
Professional, and Ultimate, 32 or 64-bit)
Windows 8 (Home, Pro and Enterprise 32 or 64-bit; Windows 8 RT edition
is NOT supported).
Windows 8.1 (Home, Pro and Enterprise 32 or 64-bit; Windows 8.1 RT
edition is NOT supported).
Windows 10 (Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education; Windows Mobile and
Mobile Enterprise NOT supported).
- 512 MB RAM and 50 MB free hard disk space
- At least one unused serial communications port or USB port using
our USB-RS232, USB-to-serial adapter and/or 10-Base-T or
10/100-Base-T Ethernet network card
- Color SVGA monitor (1024 x 768)
DirectSOFT6 is perfectly suitable for use with laptop
computers as long as they meet the requirements shown above. If your
laptop has a USB port, consider using a USB to serial adapter,
USB-RS232. If your laptop has an Ethernet port and you are
considering a DL05, DL06, DL205 or DL405 PLC, consider using the
Hx-ECOM100 Ethernet Communications Module to connect your PC to the
PLC (The D2-230 does not support the ECOM).
Any size monitor will work, however, larger, higher resolution
monitors enhance the features of DirectSOFT6.